Orthopedics & Sport Injuries Unit Orthopedics & Sport Injuries Unit in Almana Group of Hospitals are recognized nationally and internationally for their surgical technical excellence and innovative abilities to solve both simple and difficult orthopaedic problems.
Scope of Services:
- General Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery
- Joint Replacement Surgery – Knee, Hip
- Hand Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Reconstruction Surgery
- Shoulder and Knee Arthroscopic Surgeries
- Congenital Disorders such as hips dislocations and club foot
- Paediatric surgery
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
Orthopaedic: Trauma Surgery
Comprises all limb fractures that require surgical or non-surgical treatment. As well as a variety of intramedullary nailing internal fixation and external fixation devices for simple and complicated fractures in both children and adults, the hospital is equipped to facilitate sophisticated surgical procedures and excellent management of difficult fractures such as pelvic, and acetabulum.
- Total Joint Replacement - is a surgical procedure in which parts of arthritic or damaged joints are removed and replaced with metal, plastic, or ceramic device called a prosthesis.
- Joint Replacement Surgery – is a highly effective mean of eliminating joint pain as well as correcting deformity and restoring mobility.
- Latest Techniques in manufacturing artificial joints from Zimmer Company.
- Advanced Technologies to avoid any blood transfusion during joint replacement.
A specialized surgery addressing:
- All forms of hand problems: bone, tendons, skin, nerves and joint disorders due to:-
- Congenital problems
- For restriction and preservation of stability function and alleviation of pain.
A subspecialty for:
- Stabilization of all vertebral column
- Prolapsed vertebral and cervical discs
- Spinal deformities e.g. scoliosis
- Cervical and Spinal fractures
- Congenital spinal malformations
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Endoscopic spine surgery
- Vertebroplasty (kyphoplasty)
- For bone deformities in upper and lower limbs including congenital disorder, developmental problems and traumatic injuries.
- Lengthening and straightening of bone by using external or internal devices.
- A relatively sub-speciality offered in few hospitals nationality.
- It attempts to restore function to severely damaged limbs from trauma or congenital deformities.
Shoulder and Knee Arthroscopies:
Arthroscopies are used mainly for knees and shoulder joints. Through this method we address:
- Meniscal (knee cartilage) repair or excision
- Remove loose bodies e.g. in osteoarthritis
- Decompression of subacromial space of shoulder
- Rotator cuff repair tears shoulder joint
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction